The Schengen area constitute of 26 European nations with same interest who have come to terms to abolish passport or visa requirements to move within the area. Basically, Schengen visa is a concept of free movements which entails free entry and exit into any country within the member states. So, if you travel from one Schengen country to another, you do not need any visa, immigration controls or any other requirements that was first required to enter into any of these countries and this makes schengen visa much interesting to get.
Getting a Schengen visa is very simple but it happens manypeople are denied visas because they do not know or perhaps follow the application process adequately. This is the reason it is necessary for you to know all the visa requirements.
Also read: American Visa Application in Nigeria; How To Apply and Other Guide
These are membernations of the Schengen zone that require the same visa-type to visit them all: Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Malta, The Netherlands, Portugal, Finland, Iceland, France, Germany, Poland, Austria, Estonia, Greece, etc.
Schengen Visa Application in Nigeria
Schengen visa requirements
The list is about 26 countries that are members of the same one-visa-support region. So before planning your trip abroad, you are advised to really check whether the chosen country is a part of the Schengen agreement or not. And here is a list of things should considerin obtaining a Schengen Visa in Nigeria successfully:
- Apply for your Schengen visa about 4-5 months before your planned date because it might take quite long to get things done and issue important documents.
- Complete the application form and provide answers to all the questions.You will also provide supporting letters and other documents for minors (children) if any.
- Provide a bank your financial details to ensure you can be sustained during your trip.
- Provide a valid letter from your company to show you have a job in Nigeria.
- Bringyour house or land documents to prove your strong link to Nigeria.
- You need four passport photographs.
- Give an invitation letter from your host at the country you are heading.
- Hotel bookings and plans to prove you have a place to live and have chosen how you would travel.
- Bring your medical insurance.
- Youneed valid and not-to-soon expired international passport.
- You’ll need a guarantor’s declaration.
Kindly visit the embassy of the country where you are heading and process your documents through this organization be it Italy, Germany, and so on.If you intend to visit several countries you have to decide where you most likely will spend more time and choose its embassy for a visa application.
Also read: UK Visa Application in Nigeria; Detailed Guide and All you Need to Know
Schengen Visa Fee in Nigeria
Obtaining a visa costs money, but most Schengen visas cost around 60 Euros and you can also be charged extra fees.
After confirming all the required documents and paying your visa fee, you will have to await response which you can get in about 2-3 weeks. By the way, visa application centers for most Schengen area countries are located in Lagos and Abuja.
Only after completing all of these processes can your Schengen visa application in Nigeria be successful. Feel free to share this post with your friends and family.