One of the most beautiful and visited countries in the world is Malaysia, which is a Southeast Asian country and popularly known for its rain-forests, beaches, and the mix of Malay, Indian, Chinese, and European cultural influences. As a Nigerian reading this, you might probably be thinking or seeking an information on how to secure a visa to travel to Malaysia. The process is quite simple and short. Here are the basic things to know about Malaysian Visa application for Nigerians and how to apply.
Unlike some other countries, a valid Visa and Nigeria immigration passport is required to enter into Malaysia. To be more precise, there are two major types of Visa to Malaysia which you are required to pick the one that suits your travelling needs.
Types Of Malaysian Visa
Visa With Reference (VWR)
VWR is issued to people visiting Malaysia mainly for business or investment. Furthermore, the Immigration Department of Malaysia is the only body that can issue this type of Visa to any one that needs it.
VWR is all you need if you intention of travelling to Malaysia is for business, trading or investment purposes.
Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
VWTR is the type of Visa issued to people whose interest of travelling to Malaysia is to spend their holiday, to visit friends, family or to study in any of the schools in Malaysia.
There are still other types of Visa to Malaysia but the above listed ones are the major ones.
Malaysian Visa Requirements For Nigerians
The following are the major requirements for a Malaysian Visa and you should take proper note of each one of them if you are a Nigerian who intend to travel to Malaysia.
- Nigeria Immigration passport (at least 6 months beyond arrive date) alongside two photocopies of passport page
- Correctly Filled Application Form IMM.47 with two photocopies of the form
- Two UK-sized passport photograph with either white or blue background clearly showing your face
- Your return flight ticket with two photocopies of the ticket alongside with your booking reference number
- Invitation letter from your family or friend (if going for invitation)
- Bank Account Financial Statement
- Receipt for Visa payment fee
- Accommodation Proof
- If you are travelling out for the first time, you will need NDLEA certificate.
- Original approval letter from Department of Immigration Malaysia with two photocopies (if applied for VWR Visa)
- Internet access to apply and pay on the Nigeria Immigration website. You can check the website here.
Malaysian Visa Application Process
You should note that you do not need a Visa if you plan travelling to Malaysia for just 90days or lesser. If you are travelling above that, applications are to be submitted to Malaysia High Commission which is located in Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria. Visa application can be submitted at the office Monday through Friday starting from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Remember, you as an applicant, you are required to provide every required document with 100% accuracy so as to avoid any sort of unnecessary delays in processing your application.
Malaysia visa application process normally takes about 4 to 6 working days after the application submission.
When your Visa is ready for collection, the visa can be easily collected from Malaysia Embassy in Nigeria. Visas collections are scheduled from Monday to Friday starting from 4 pm to 5 pm except when there are public holidays.
Malaysia Embassy Address in Nigeria
Malaysia Embassy Address in Abuja, Nigeria
No. 4A, Plot 2232 B, Rio Negro Close,
Off Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja
Telephone: +234-9-780 9379