The Bahamas is a coral-based archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean listed as an independent member of the Commonwealth of Nations. It has its capital in Nassau on the island of New Providence. The Bahamas is one of the richest countries in the Americas after the United States and Canada with an economy based on tourism and finance. This post contains the necessary information you need to know about Bahamas visa application in Nigeria.
Types of Bahamas Visa
The Bahamas is mainly a tourist and finance Nation, as such there are three types of visa which are:
- Business visa: for Nigerian citizens or permanent residents who wants to participate in business activity for a short period.
- Tourism visa: this is for Nigerian nationals who want to travel for leisure or visit family members and no business activity is allowed during that period.
- Transit visa: for Nigerians who are passing through the country whose stay is for either three days or less.
Bahamas Visa Application In Nigeria
Where to Go
Before you apply, you must know The Bahamas has no embassy or consulate in Nigeria where you can directly apply for visa, therefore it has to be done through these means and which are:
- The first and advisable (depending on the level of resources at your disposal though) is to apply directly through the British Embassy in Nigeria. It is one of the Bahamas representatives that provide assistance for those who wants to travel to the Bahamas. So you can submit your application for Bahamian visa from Nigeria at any British embassy, high commission or consulate either in Abuja or Lagos.
- And the other means is to travel as visitor to any country such as USA and Canada that has a Bahamas embassy and then you can apply from there.
Places of Application
- British High Commission Abuja: 19,Torrens Close, Mississippi, Abuja,
- British Deputy High Commission Lagos- 11, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Bahamas Visa Application Requirements in Nigeria
Travelling to the Bahamas could prove to be so much fun, but of course like most travel trips it is dependent on how much preparation is made towards the journey.
Below are some items you would need to provide if you intend putting in an application for a Bahamian business visa.
- A completely filled Bahamian Visa application form.
- Original passport and one photocopy of information page. The passport should be valid for 6 months after your stay with at least one blank passport page.
- Passport photograph (2 x 2) with white background showing the full face.
- Letter from employer or sponsor, indicating the applicant’s details and stating the purpose of visit to The Bahamas.
- Trade register for the self-employed.
- Financial bank statement of the applicant for the last six (6) months
- Original invitation letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the nature of the business to be conducted, travel data, name, passport number of the invitee, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa (i.e. a one year multiple entry business visa)
- Proof of financial sustenance for the period of stay in The Bahamas.
- An official business letter to support your application.
- Flight Itinerary with the dates and flight numbers stating the entry and departure from Bahamas.
- Accommodation or hotel reservation for the whole period of the intended stay in Bahamas.
- A proof of the following documents- marriage certificate, birth certificate of children and death certificate of spouse (if applicable).
- The application fee has to be paid in U.S Dollars in the form of a bank draft, a bank money order or a postal money order made payable to The Bahamas High Commission.
- For more information, please contact or visit the official website of the British High Commission, or you could visit the British embassy or consulate in Nigeria.
Now that you know the necessary steps to perform a successful Bahamas visa application in Nigeria, I wish you all the best in your visa application.