The National Universities Commission (NUC), a body that regulates universities operations in Nigeria, has recently released a total of 58 fake universities that have been carrying out illegal operations in Nigeria at the moment. This post contains the list of 58 fake universities operating in Nigeria illegally.
The NUC also made it known that it was investigating eight other universities for running illegal degree programs in the country.
Must read: List Of Federal Universities in Nigeria and Their Websites
As a result of this, the body has warned people seeking admission into the universities not to patronize any of this institutions. The NUC also warned that carrying such actions would be at the risks of students, as certificates obtained from this 58 fake universities operating in Nigeria illegally will not be recognised and it will also deny students the opportunity to serve in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or gaining any employment in the country.
must read: List Of State Universities in Nigeria and Their Websites
The commission disclosed this information in its weekly new bulletin on Thursday in Abuja. It explained that the 58 fake universities have since been closed down for going against the national minimum standard for education in the country.
The NUC, in their bulletin dated back to May 14, 2018, added that the universities were yet to be licensed by the federal government of Nigeria.
List of 58 Fake Universities Operating in Nigeria
The affected 58 universities as released by the NUC are:
- University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Christians of Charity American University of Science and Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses
- University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
- University of Applied Sciences and Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Blacksmith University, Akwa or any of its other campuses
- Volta University College, HO, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Royal University, Izhia, PO BOX 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses
- Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi state or any of its other campuses
- United Christian University, Macotis campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses
- United Nigeria University College, Okija Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
- Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses
- UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses
- Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Pleateu State or any of its other campuses
- The International University, Missouri USA, Kano and Lagos studies centres or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Collumbus University, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
- London External Studies, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Lobi Business School, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Bolta University College, Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna illegal campus
- Western University, EsieKwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- EC-Council USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre
- Atlas University, IkotUdosoUko, Uyo, AkwaIbom State or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Concept College/Universities (London) Ilorin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Acada University, Akinlalu Oyo state or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Filfom University, Mbaise, Imo State or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria
- Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija Anambra State
- Open International University, Akure
- Middle Belt University (North Central University) Otukpo
- Lead Way University, Ugheli, Delta State
- Metro University, Dutse/Bwari Abuja
- Southend University, NgwuroEgeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State
- Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State
- Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja
- Temple University, Abuja
- Irish University Business School, London, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos – Ibadan Expressway and its annex at 41, Ikorodu road, Lagos.
- University of Education, Wenneba Ghana operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Cape Coast University, Ghana operating in Nigeria
- African University Cooperative Development (AUCD) Cotonou, Benin Republic operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pacific Western University, Denver Colorado, Oweri study centre
- Evangel University of America and Chudick Management Academic, Lagos
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko campus)
- Career Light Resources Centre, Jos
- University of West Africa, Kwali Abuja, FCT
- Coastal University, Iba Oku, AkwaIbom State
- Kaduna Business School, Kaduna
- Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger State
- West African Union University, in collaboration with International Professional College of Administration, Science and Technology, Nigeria operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Gospel Missionary Foundation (GMF), Theological University, 165 Isolo road, Cele bus stop, EgbeIkotun, Lagos
The commission also said eight universities are currently undergoing investigation for illegally running degree programs.
The eight universities are:
1) National Universities of Nigeria, Keffi , Nassarawa State.
2) North Central University, Otukpo, Benue state.
3) Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University.
4) Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia state.
5) West Coast University, Umuahia.
6) Saint Clements University, IyinEkiti, Ekiti state.
7) Volta University College, Aba, Abia state.
8) Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University.
The NUC also warned that, anybody who patronises or obtains certificates from any of these illegal 58 fake universities operating in Nigeria does so at his or her own risk. According to the commission, appropriate law enforcement agencies have been informed for necessary action against this universities.