Official announcements have been made by the Nigerian Army on the commencement of the 77 Regular Recruit Intake for both Trades, Non-Tradesmen, and women. The Nigerian Army recruitment 2018 exercise is slated to run from December 29, 2017, to Feb 9, 2018.
Spokesman of the Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Sani Usman, stated that the exercise, aimed at selecting men and women sound in mind and body, will take place in all states of the country.
The Nigerian Army is arguably one of the best equipped fighting forces in Africa. It is the largest division of the Nigerian Armed forces and is mainly responsible for land warfare. In a nation heavily challenged with terrorist insurgencies, notably the Boko Haram Islamic sect, it is also a major deterrent to the activities of nefarious individuals/sects. It was founded in 1960, and as at the year 2016, had a total number of 200,000 soldiers. The Commander in Chief of the Nigerian army is the country’s president, President Muhammadu Buhari, with Lt. General Tukur Yusuf Buratai as Chief of Army Staff. The motto of the Nigerian Army is “Victory is from God above”, and the official website of the Army is http://army.mil.ng.
Also read: Full List Of Nigerian Super Eagles Team B Squad For CHAN 2018
How To Join The Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army Recruitment 2018 has commenced for the 77 Regular Recruit Intake, and those interested in signing up are to note the points below:
- Interested applicants are required to be Nigerians between the ages of 18 to 22 for non-tradesmen and women, while tradesmen and women must be between 22 to 26 years, by 1st March 2018
- Every prospective applicant must be of Nigerian origin by birth only
- Every applicant must be sound of mind and body, with no determined health issues. Tests will be carried out to determine every applicant’s state of health and fitness capabilities.
- Zonal screening exercises will be carried out, and every applicant is required to join the nearest screening centre as chosen during signup
- Every applicant must complete the signup process, and must accurately fill all necessary forms. The duly completed forms are to be submitted at the examination location when the screening date is fixed.
- The application process is free.
Educational Requirements To Join The Nigerian Army
Every interested applicant in the Nigerian army forces signing up as a non-tradesman or woman must:
- Have attained at least four credits in not more than two sittings in GCE/ WASSCE /NECO/NABTEB. Note that a minimum of a credit in English is required.
- Possess OND/Trade Test/City and Guild Certificate.
Necessary Documents Required For The Nigerian Army Recruitment 2018
Every applicant must possess the following documents for a hitch-free application/screening process:
- Copies of nationally recognized birth certificate or official legal age declaration affidavit
- Copies of all academic/professional certificates attained
- An identification letter duly signed by an identifying officer in “Section F” of the application form. This is printed from the Nigerian army application portal.
How To Apply To Join The Nigerian Army
Having noted the above-stated points and requirements, applicants interested in the Nigerian Army recruitment are to visit the official Nigerian Army online application portal, http://recruitment.army.mil.ng/ and sign up with a valid e-mail address and phone number. All candidates are mandated to apply only once, as multiple applications from a candidate will attract disqualification.
Register by choosing and memorizing a username and password, and log in after registration. Fill all required information, and submit your application. After submission, print a copy of the application approval page.
Also note that all candidates are required to print the filled application forms during registration, which should contain a
- Sponsors’ form duly completed;
- Guardian/Parents’ declaration and certification form duly completed;
- Police certification form duly completed;
- Local Government Area of origin certificate.
Applicants are to report to chosen zonal screening centre with all of the above-stated documents.
The registration process is free.
For more inquiries, applicants can contact 08038575725 or 08037234828, in addition to emailing email@example.com, the contact email address on the registration portal.
Good day Nigeria, this is my story, Nigerian NAVY is not a place to get into if you don’t have any influence, i sat for army exam 3 good times and i was never given any hope for Admission i was declined and with the level of my intelligence i knew very well that i passed the exam but how they manipulated things it really surprise me, i further took another form on the following year but still the same thing and on the third time i got it