In one of my previous post, I have discussed about the Federal Civil Service Commission salary structure, and the information benefited most of the civil servants or aspiring civil servants who wants to work with the federal civil service. This very post will also bring the same benefit to civil servants working in Lagos state as brings to you all the information you need concerning the Lagos State Civil Service Commission Salary structure of different grade levels.
Lagos state is for sure the most populous state in Nigeria, and at the same time one of the most important state in the country. Lagos state used to be the capital of Nigeria before it was moved to Abuja. Studies have also shown that if Lagos should become an independent country today, it will be far more better than Nigeria without a Lagos state.
Working for the Lagos State Government is one of the greatest desire of indigenes of the state. Earlier this year, the Lagos State Government raised the salary of its civil servants by about 400%. The minimum wage of Lagos State used to be about N19,00, but now it has been increased to about N62,000.
Grade Level in Lagos State Civil Service
There are 17 grade levels in Lagos State Civil Service just like that of the Federal Civil Service. They range from Grade Level 1 to Grade Level 17.
Most times, the entry level grade starts at Grade Level 7, Grade Level 8, or Grade Level 9. If you are joining the Lagos State Civil Service Commission with a HND or NCE qualification, they will start you at Grade Level 7. Those with a University Degree often start at Grade Level 8, while if you have an additional qualification such as an MSc, you will be placed at Grade Level 9.
Lagos State Civil Service Commission Salary Structure and Allowances
- Grade Level 1 is the lowest grade in the Lagos State Civil Service, and civil servants at this grade are expected to be paid a salary between N62,100 and N82,096 on a monthly basis. This will give an annual salary of N745,200 NGN to N985,152
- Grade Level 2 workers are expected to earn between N63,164 per month and N89,310 per month, or N757,968 NGN and N1,071,720 NGN per annum.
- Grade Level 3 civil servants are expected to be paid a monthly salary between N64,072 and N96,208. This amounts to N768,864 NGN to N1,154,496 NGN, per annum.
- Grade Level 4 workers are expected to be paid a salary between N67,278 to N105,884. On a yearly basis, their salary is expected to be between N807,312 and N1,270,608
- Grade Level 5 civil servants are expected to be paid a monthly salary between N76,681 NGN and N121,535, while the yearly income should be between N920,172 and N1,458,420.
- Grade Level 6 civil servants will be paid by the Lagos State government a salary between N94,238 per month and N148,914 per month. On an annual basis, their income is between N1,130,856 and N1,786,968. You should take a good look at the salary of this level, as Grade Level 7 is often the entry level for NCE and HND holders.
- Grade Level 7 civil servants are expected to be paid a salary between N126,386 and N193,781, per month. The annual equivalent of their salary is: N1,516,632 to N2,325,372.
- Grade Level 8 is often the entry level for BSc holders. The monthly income for Grade Level 8 civil servant is between N164,434 and N244,644 NGN. On a yearly basis, the workers will earn between N1,973,208 and N2,935,928. When people join the Lagos State Civil Service Commission with a Master’s degree qualification, they are often placed at Grade Level 9, and from there, their rank can increase as high as possible.
- Grade Level 9 workers salary is between N193,819 and N289,324. On annual basis, their salary will sum up to between N2,325,828 and N3,459,888.,
- Grade Level 10 Lagos State civil servants should be paid a salary between N228,180 and N333,200 on a monthly basis. Their annual salary should sum up to be between N2,738,160 and N3,998,400 per annum.
- We do not have information on the salary of Grade Level 11 of Lagos State civil servants. So let us move to the next level.
- Grade Level 12 workers in Lagos State Civil Service Commission will earn a monthly salary between N263,240 and N379,597. The annual equivalent of their salary is between N3,158,880 and N4,555,164.
- Grade Level 13 workers will be paid a salary between N294,307 and N417,322. The annual income of workers in this level is between N3,531,684 and N5,007,864.
- Grade Level 14 Lagos State government workers will earn a monthly salary that falls between N325,518 and N457,952. The annual equivalent of their salary should be between N3,906,216 and N5,495,424.
- Grade Level 15 civil servants in Lagos will earn a monthly salary that lies between N360,537 and N502,217. Their annual income range is an equivalent of N4,326,444 to N6,026,604 per annum.
- Grade Level 16 Lagos state civil servants will be paid a monthly salary between N398,771 and N569,044. The annual salary will sum up to N4,785,252 to N6,828,528 per annum.
- Grade Level 17, which is the highest rank in the Lagos State civil service entitles a civil servant to earning between N444,611 and N637,848 on a monthly basis. Their yearly salary is between N5,359,332 and N7,654,176 per annum.
Just like the Federal and other state’s civil servants, Lagos state civil servants are entitled to a good number of other allowances too. These allowances include; meal subsidy, transport allowance, utility allowance, leave grant and entertainment allowance. The transport allowance of civil servants in Lagos is 25% of their annual salary.
These are the important information you need to know about the Lagos State Civil Service Commission Salary Structure in case you are aspiring to work with the state civil service or already working there.