The following are important updates and all you need to know about the current COVID-19 situation in Abia State.
1. It is no longer news that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has revealed his COVID-19 positive status.
2. Remember, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu first volunteered his sample for COVID-19 test on Tuesday, 2nd June, 2020, the result of that test returned negative.
3. On Thursday, 4th June, 2020, the Governor submitted another sample at the Nigeria Center For Disease Control (NCDC) laboratory for confirmation and the result returned positive.
4. At the moment, we are still investigating if any of his family members also did a confirmation test and what is the result.
5. Based on investigation, we have also gathered that the epic center of COVID-19 in Abia State is Aba, as most of the confirmed cases are residents in Aba.
6. We also learnt that some security officers in Abia State also tested Positive.
7. Information reaching us also has it that some other highly placed government functionaries also tested positive.
8. The current 67 results confirmed for Abia State is an outcome of above 600 samples sent to test centers over the period of 12 days.
9. Among-st the list of confirmed cases includes 2 primary school aged pupils.
10. Information reaching us reveals that the governor is in good shape at the moment.
kindly share this post across all social networks and also subscribe to the Nigerian Fact website and social handles to get current updates and facts about Nigeria.