The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has unveiled his running mate for the fourth coming 2023 Presidential election in Nigeria, he is Senator Yusu Datti Baba-Ahmed. In this article, we shall be revealing 7 facts you might not know about him.
Also read: Peter Obi Clears the Air Regarding His Visit to Governor Wike
7 Facts About Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed
Here are seven facts you need to know about Peter Obi’s running mate, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed
- In the April 2011 elections, Baba-Ahmed polled 366,398 votes in the contest for Senator for Kaduna North. Runner-up Senator Ahmed Makarfi of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), the incumbent, polled 365,043 votes.
- Baba-Ahmed was elected in April 2003 to the Federal House of Representatives for the Zaria Federal Constituency, Kaduna State.
- He was among lawmakers who opposed letting Obasanjo run for a third term.
- Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed was born to the Baba-Ahmed family in Zaria in the 1970s.
- Baba-Ahmed has a BSc and MSc in Economics from the University of Maiduguri in Borno State
- LP, Friday, revealed Baba-Ahmed as its vice presidential candidate in next the 2023 general elections
- He was founder and Pro–Chancellor of Baze University, an independent university located in Abuja in the Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria which opened in April 2011.