At the Famborough international public Airshow that took place on the 18th of July 2018, the Minister of State, Aviation, Captain Hadi Sirika announced the planned launch of a new national carrier known as Nigeria Air. In case you are yet to get good details about the new national carrier, this post will give you an insight of 11 important facts you need to know.
Nigeria Air was actually created to replace the defunct national career “Air Nigeria” which ceased operation on September 10, 2012. Below are 11 important facts you need to know about the new national career.
Also read: Top 10 Car Dealers in Nigeria You Should Patronize From Today
11 Important Facts You Should Know About Nigeria Air
- Nigeria Air is a business and not a social service and it’s set for take-off on December 24, 2018.
- The Government will not hold shares beyond five per cent (5%) at the top most.
- About 400,000 Nigerian youths were engaged to arrive at the name – “Nigeria Air”.
- The employment opportunities goes to Nigerians first before it goes outside.
- The government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it. The investors will have full responsibility for this.
- Every Public servants must fly Nigerian carriers (Nigeria Air).
- The Federal Government will provide $55m upfront grant for Nigeria Air.
- Nigeria Air is a totally different entity from the defunct carriers “Air Nigeria and Nigerian Airways”
- Ethiopian Airlines will have a stake in the company.
- The government is in negotiations with Airbus and Boeing to provide a fleet for the new national airline
- The airline is looking at 81 potential destinations.
Also read: 10 Major Economic Problems in Nigeria Today and Their Solutions
That is the summary of the 11 important facts you need to know about Nigeria Air, which is the new national carrier that will commence operation as soon as possible. Kindly use the share icons on this page to pass the information to your friends on various social network.